Feeding the Giraffes
Whenever we go to the zoo the kids always want to BUY things...the crackers/lettuce for the giraffes, the bird seed to feed the birds, a ride on the carousel, or a pony ride. I thought I was being smart and had them bring their own money and they could decided what they wanted to spend it on. Only problem was...since it is winter time most of those exhibits were closed, except for the giraffes which only cost $1 for three pieces of lettuce. We were done with the zoo and ready to go but the kids still had money and decided they wanted to spend it in the gift shop. I have never (in the 6 years we have lived here gone in the gift shop). But we did, and they asked me how much EVERYTHING cost, and it was all way more money than they had. Finally they each got a sucker, Jackie two, and Dallin got a postcard of an Eagle. I don't think I will try that again! But they did like their $1.50 rock candy suckers, good thing.
By the way, if you are still reading, and if you didn't already realize this, the Elephant picture is not real elephants. It is a picture of Elephants that looks very real. I would not have put my baby next to a 16,000lb animal! Rest assured.
No comments:
Post a Comment