Thursday, December 15, 2011

Jackies Real Birthday

Jackie was able to be baptized on her birthday. What a special day it was. She was beaming all through the baptism and the spirit was strong. I asked Jackie as she was changing if it was what she expected it would be. She shook her head no, then looked at me and said "It was better". I hugged her and thought, that is how I feel too. It helped strengthen my testimony as I witnessed my daughter enter the waters of baptism, and with that take upon her important covenants. She seems like she has grown up overnight. She is so helpful and responsible.
With Thanksgiving so close to her baptism we were able to have a lot of family there. Here she is with Grandma and Grandpa.
Here is all the wonderful family members that traveled long and far to be here for this special time.
Our family of six. Dallin was done with pictures and ready to run.

The Birthday Girl

That evening we went to Denver. There is a park there that our kids really like. When we suggested to Jackie that we could go to that park for her birthday, she was super excited. She thought her cousins would love it. So Grandma and Grandpa watched all the kids at the park while Mom and Dad went to the temple with the other Grandma and Grandpa. It was a nice way to end a great day. While we were there Helen took a picture of the temple. She didn't use the flash and I thought it wouldn't turn out very good. But, she knew better than me. It turned out so beautiful. I love this picture - It is now our screen saver. Thanks Helen.

No comments:

sitemeter