Oh my goodness, our baby is 3! She was soooo excited for her birthday this year. It was really cute at first, but after talking about it 20 times a day for the past month it got a little old. She kept telling us that we were invited to her party and that she was having a party and that her birthday was coming. Well, it finally came and with it Brea gave her a nice short HAIRCUT! Yes, the day before Brea (who has already had the same thing happen to her) took her school safety scissors to poor Alyssa's head and her own. Jeff and I were both home, having a nice adult conversation in our room....Alyssa is still cute and it is a lot easier to do (be positive, be positive)
We did have a party for Alyssa, we had to after all the talk about it the past month. She was so excited all day. We went to the park and played games. You can see the bowl of gumballs in the picture. We have a couple boxes of gumballs in our garage for Jeffs candy machines and Alyssa LOVES them, but usually doesn't get one. So we decided to spoil her on her birthday. She probably ate 10 gumballs, she had about 2-3 in her mouth at a time. I was thinking how great a Mother I was to let her enjoy some gum on her birthday, until I sat down on the blanket, right on a chewed piece of gum. Only, I didn't know it was there, not until I stood up. Gum does not easily come off, so I enjoyed the rest of the party with sticky pink hanging of my back side. Yes, I am a good Mom!
Alyssa enjoyed the park and Rose Mary was very nice to push her for quite awhile.
Princess Alyssa, she walked around the park with the high heals on, I don't know how she managed but she sure thought she was something special -which she is!
Now that Alyssa is three she thinks she is too big for naps and is big enough to do whatever she would like. She is always saying, I'm big now. But, she still takes a nap....and is much sweeter when she awakes. She now constantly asks what our favorite color is, instead of inviting us to her party. She asked Jeralin that about 15 times while they were here. She likes books and is very into Dora the explorer. She had a keen memory and will surprise us with the things she remembers. She feels bad when she hurts someone and will break down in tears and say she is sorry, which is really sweet to see. She reminds us a lot of Dallin, the sound of her voice and her round face. Yet, she has her own personality that makes her unique. Happy 3rd to our baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment