I have to start with this scary picture because the story behind it was amusing. While trick or treating our kids got scared quiet a few times. Dallin really enjoyed it, but the girls were a little terrified to say the least. Well, we came to this house and their was a manikin in costume (the same mask as Dallin). There was a sign on his chest that said "take one" and a pumpkin full of candy next to it. So each kid went up and got one. Dallin thought it was amazing that the masks were the same and I decided it would be cool to take a picture of them together (remember we still thought it was a manikin at this time). As Dallin got closer for the picture the guy sat up and said "BOO"! Dallin screamed and jumped, in fact we all did. Now it is funny, but at the time it was very scary.
The ooey gooey pumpkin fun....
Brea decided a marker face would be easier this year!
Dallin creation - they all did a great job and most importantly had fun.
I think Alyssa is trying to make a scary face to match her Jack-O-Lantern. It was really cold that night and I wasn't sure how those pumpkins would do. They survived and were very festive.
I love this picture and the varied personalities of our four wonderful children. We have our sweet angel Jackie, our scary skeleton/zombie Dallin, the cute but supposedly ferocious tiger Alyssa, and an adorable blonde haired Dorothy with her doggie Toto. They got to go trick or treating with our good friends Drew and Wyatt and they all had a great time and got way too much candy. Now Alyssa wants to play "Halloween" every day and we go trick or treating around the house, but first we have to put on our pretend costumes.
One other quick story. At the ward party Dallin wore his costume but we would't let him wear the mask. He was a little upset and spent the first hour in the car, while Jeff and I were setting things up. I finally coaxed him in and of he unfortunately saw someone in a mask. I tired to explain to him that we know the rules and we are going to obey. He ended up staying in and about 20 minutes after it started a sweet lady in our ward pulled Dallin aside and gave him a special zombie cupcake she had made (they were the hit of the night, by the way, and a very prized dessert). He felt valued and special. I was so touched that she did that and I told her how his evening had gone. I am glad for tender mercies such as that to show that we do have a loving Father in Heaven that is aware of us and the little things in our life.

No comments:
Post a Comment