Sunday, September 13, 2020
Road Rash
I was running with Jeff at 5:40 in the morning while Jackie was up and out for seminary. I have enjoyed running this spring/summer and was training for a marathon but then it got canceled. I did a 5K, 10K, and half marathon just myself and it was fun but when my marathon was cancelled I kind of quit. I was still running a bit but not long runs. Jeff and I were running 3 miles and I tripped a fell hard on the gravel. I cut up my hands, elbow and knees. It was interesting, my knee that wasnt cut up bad hurt the worse. I couldn't even bend it the first day. It is experiences like that which help me to appreciate the good in life I have. I am going to run as much as I can once I am healed up because I am grateful for a healthy body that can move. Running has been very good for me through covid and family dynamics.
Dallin got worst road rash than me. He had a very unfortunate event when a person tried to buy some shoes from him (on a Sunday afternoon while we were trying to have church in our living room). The person gave him counterfeit $300 and tried to take off but Dallin jumped in the drivers side window and went a few blocks before getting thrown out! Cops were called and hopefully they find the guy, but Dallin is out his shoes and sores. We are so glad that he was not hurt worse!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment