We spent last weekend in Utah. We just took a quick trip, Thur-Sun. My little bro. had surgury on his foot and was getting out of Shriners so we surprised him and my Parents by "stopping by". He is a quiete the sport, all smiles, what a trooper. We also got to see and visit with my Brother Matt's family and Jeffs brother Kelly's family, it was great to see and be with family. The downside was that Jackie got sick on the trip and then Brea got it the morning we were leaving and threw-up all the way home, poor thing. She got it the worst, she was sick for about three days. Dallin and Jeff and I all got a bit of it yesterday. But today is a Beautiful day.
I woke up with energy and cleaned all morning. It was wonderful, I can't believe how much I take for granted having a healthy body. Being sick is really difficult as a Mother. Our bodies are really amazing, I am so grateful to have mine healthy and functioning. It makes me want to go and do all I can. It was a great morning we didn't even turn on the TV (which is unusual for our mornings). I even got ambitious and took down Dallins bed/crib. He has been using his crib sense he wa a baby, it turned into a toddler bed. The problem is, because it is so little, it is easy (for Dallin) to take everything off. He is always taking off all the blankets, then he takes the mattress off the bed and has even figured out how to pull the stuffing out of the mattress (not a happy site for Mama). Then he takes the spring board off the base and plays inside the bed. Yes, he is a creative one. Actually I can't give him all the credit, he has a powerful assistant - Jackie.
So today, while the kids were "supposedly" cleaning Dallins room, the bed got taken apart. I decided today was a good day to pack it up. We had been talking about getting Dallin a new one. Now his room is so clean and fun, it is just a "play room" not a "bed room".
So back to the beautiful day, taking down the bed is not the reason this day is beautiful. We were able to go outside and enjoy the day. Both Jeff and I love being out doors. Now our kids as well, love being outside. We have a great back yard for the kids. Jeff has put a lot of work into it, and we spend most of the warm days there. We also have always had a jogger stroller. First we had a single, then a double, and we just now purchased one that is a jogger/bike trailer. The kids think the bike trailer is the greatest, especially when Dad is driving because they know he will go FAST. Anyway, so we like to spend time outdoors and today was a warm, gorgeous day - especially for mid-Novebmer. So I took the kids to the Library and park. We live within walking distance, so of course we walked. Most of the trees have lost there leaves, but there were few yellow leaves hanging on, so of course I got a few pics. Here are the cute kids on this beautiful day.
2 comments:
I love it when the weather is nice enough to go outside with the kids - especially around this time of year! How nice that you guys are all feeling better, and you got to enjoy the nice day. :)
Hi Becca! I just found your blog...sorry if you've been on here a while. I see you have a link to me already! Your family is so beautiful. Are you still in Colorado? It's fun to see what you are up to.
Post a Comment