Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hair Donation


Our Young Women have been saving and growing their hair to donate to Pantene for Great Lengths. We finally made the big cut last month and we collected an amazing 210 inches. AWESOME! Our goal was 100 inches, so we double what we anticiapted. Everyone looks so cute with their SHORT hair cuts.
Now, through our donation wigs will be made for women and children that have to undergo chemotherapy and will lose their hair. It was neat to participate, even though I cut my hair a bit early. I didn't make it through to the big night, but I saved it to donate.
Most of my life I have had long hair, and I really prefer it that way. But, my sweet husband really likes short hair . I actaully cut it when I was in Utah for Womens Conference in May as a "gift" to him for staying hom with the kids for 3 days so I could attend the Conference. He was really surprised and He loved it!
It has been about 6 months now and I think I am ready to grow it out, but he keeps reminding me how much he likes it. So we will see. There are days I enjoy it (like the days I actually do it). But there are times I really wish I could just pull it into a pony tail. It was worth it for this cause though, and I would do it again if the opportunity arose.

3 comments:

Joanna Barrett said...

That is so funny about Jeff!! Deryk likes mine short too--crazy!

Annette said...

That is awesome that you got all the YW to do that. Shayla wanted to donate hers once, but it wasn't long enough. doppsplace.blogspot.com

Zipporah said...

Hi Becca! I found your blog from Leslie's and it's so fun to peak at your cute little family. Your kids are getting so big.
That's awesome that you donated so much hair. I have always wanted to do that, but never have. Way to go!

sitemeter