Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Our busy weekend

We had a very productive and busy weekend. I borrowed a friends pressure cooker and tackled canning chicken. I found some boneless/skinless leg meat on sale at a local grocery store ( I was not aware that chicken legs were sold boneless/skinless). I was really nervous because this was the first time I have ever used a pressure cooker all by myself, and I did not want to have an explosion of chicken all over my kitchen. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be, and now we have homemade canned chicken. One bottle did not seal, so we ate it that night and it tasted really good. I will eventually venture into more canned goods, but this was enough for now!
At the same time I was canning chicken, Jeff was putting in a new railing in our kitchen. The pictures are backwards, so this is the finished product - looks pretty nice eh. By the way, this was Jeffs first time ever putting in a railing. He is amazing, when he puts his mind to something he accomplishes it.

The man with the well used drill. We decided to wait until the kids were in bed to completely take down the old railing. Our imaginations gave us plenty of ideas of what the kids would have done with an open drop off!


These guys were thrilled when Dad said they could "pull down" the railing. Dad was amazed that they were actually able to...goes to show how bad we needed a new one!
By the way, we had Jackies 1st indoor soccer game on Saturday as well, right in the middle of the day, at noon. Dad took her so I could keep a close eye on the pressure cooker and give the other two naps. She did great, she played the whole game and was really exhausted when she got home.
We had promised the kids that if they were good all day (while Mom and Dad worked on projects) we would take them swiming. We went swimming form 5-7pm. Busy day but well worth it. We had the sweet aroma of cooked chicken and sawdust swarming through our house all day.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Becca! I love the collage in your kitchen. I'm excited to see it in person. It looks really good. Your railing looks good too. Your whole house is changing. I'll bet its nice to have a sturdy railing now. I can't believe Jackie & Dallan were able to pull it off that easily!

sitemeter