Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Jackie is Cooking!

Jackies 1st Grade class made a neat cookbook this year. Each student had to write their favorite recipe down on paper. The teacher copied all the pages and bound them into a book for each student. Jackie wanted to make cookies the other night, and I was busy making dinner. She said, "Don't worry, I can do it myself". First she got out all the ingredients, then she followed the recipe and made some very yummy cookies. I was amazed she actually could make them by herself. It was nice to have fresh homemade cookies in my house that I did not make!
For Family Home Evening on Monday, Jackie was in charge of the treat. She wanted to make cookies again, but did not have much time. I was making dinner, so she made No Bake Cookies by herself. The only hangup was that she put the oats in with the milk, sugar, butter, and cocoa to boil on the stove. I had to help her fish the oats out, so we didn't have mushy No Bakes. But other than that she did great.
My Mom gave me a pampered chef dough spoon (I don't know the actual word for it). It is really nice for scooping cookie dough onto a pan and makes perfectly sized and shaped cookies every time. I think the main reason Jackie likes making cookies is so she can use that spoon! Regardless of why, it is wonderful to have another cook in the home. Thanks Jackie!

No comments:

sitemeter