Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Happy Birthday Mom!

 When we came back Tara Odanhue called me up Tuesday morning (the day after we got back) and asked if I was free to come help her with something at her house.  I came over with Peter and Ephraim and she said the "project" was in her kitchen.  I walked in to find a cake with candles and they started singing Happy Birthday to me.  I was so surprised and felt so loved.  She made a two layer chocolate cake with chocolate icing all from scratch!  We ate cake and ice cream with four cute little boys, played, and went for a walk.  I told her I wanted to help her do SOMETHING, but she would not let me.  She is a gem!

My mom made and sent this cute owl basket.  I have it one the dresser in the living room and I love it.  She is amazing!

 



 On the way home from Granby Jeff asked what I would like to do for my birthday.  We had already had a great weekend and I felt like that was enough.  He kept suggesting things in Denver like the science museum or the zoo, but they all cost a lot and I wasn't really interested.  I was looking up some things to do and found a MINI-INCLINE in Castle Rock.  It was located at a park with a playground, so I thought that sounded great!  It was great, the incline was only 200 steps, so all the kids could do it.  Peter almost made it to the top himself, Jeff had to carry him the last 50 steps or so.  The playground was really fun - we will have to return.


We stopped at Dairy Queen for lunch and birthday cake - YUM!  Then that evening we hit the outlets at Castle Rock.  A 45 minute shopping trip turned into about 2 hours, but Jeff was a good sport and took Peter and Alyssa to Walmart and Lowes so we could shop a little longer.

 Brea made me this cute and cozy scarf.  She sewed it without me even knowing.  She also gave me a cute kleenex cover that she sewed.  I love her crafting abilities.  Jackie was also creative and I am sad that I don't have a picture, I thought I took one but I can't find it.  She made me to painted canvas's one with my favorite scripture on it which I have in my bathroom so I see it everyday when I am getting ready.  The other one is a family tree with each family a different leaf on it.  It is in my kitchen window so I see it everyday too!

This Happy Birthday banner just happened to be at the cabin, so Jackie put it up for me!  We didn't have too many pranks for April Fools.  Brea did ask me to get some ice water for her and when I did some gems came out instead of ice, that was fun.  Oh and we pretended that Alyssa had stayed home when she really went to the pool with us.  We got Jeff to believe it too, so that was fun.  Dallin was not with us, but he got Grandma and Grandpa good.  He stayed up late toilet papering their living room and put upside down glasses of colored water on their counters.  Grandma got him back by cleaning it all up before he woke up and pretending she never saw it, which frustrated him because he spent so much time on it.

Then....when we got home there was a package on our step with a card and present.  The card was really sweet but was signed by "Your Secret Sister" - ugghhh who was it!  When I opened it up I found this awesome shirt that I love!  I am so blessed by good family and friends that are so kind to me.  It makes me want to do more good in the world.

No comments:

sitemeter