Sunday, May 13, 2012

Womens Conference

Womens Conference was wonderful, as always.  I always look forward to those couple of days when I can just sit and learn from other exemplary latter day saint women.  I also cherish the time spent with my Mom.  She is and always has been a great example to me, I learn so much just from talking and being with her.   

 We had moments of serious contemplation, moments of work (as we were involved in service projects), moments of learning and new understanding, and moments of laughter....After the service project we were separated while going through the service stations.  That evening Mom was showing me her pictures, this one came up of "Moms & Missionaries".  She said, "Oh it looks like I got someone in the picture....Wait thats you!"  Sure enough she had taken a picture of me and neither of us realized it.  We were laughing pretty hard, plus it was really late....good times.

This year Mom and I got kits to crochet during the classes.  We have wanted to do it every year but this is the first time we actually got them.  I made these crochet mittens and my Mom made a beautiful crochet scarf.  It was a fun project to do and I learned some new techniques.
The musical evening we amazing this year.  The talked about women past and present that stand firm and strong in the faith.  It was beautifully done and an emotional presentation.  I came away from the conference with more desire to stand firm in the knowledge that I have and to be that firm foundation for my children to rely on as they grow.  I heard amazing stories of valiant Mothers and how they taught their children, and doing HARD things.  I want to be that kind of Mother!

No comments:

sitemeter