Sunday, May 24, 2015

Battle of the Books

 Jackie was homeschooled again this year - 5th grade.  She was able to be in a local Battle of the Books competition at Colorado College.  I helped organize a team of seven homeschool students.  They had 40 books they read and then had to answer tough questions about them.  I was a judge, so I didn't get to see how our teams did, but I heard they did a great job.  It was a neat experience, reading and discussing the books with the kids . We did a lot of sample questions and then they went to the distict competition and then the big battle.  I am glad Jackie could be a part of it, and had the opportunity to read some great books.  Her favorite was "City of Ember", my favortie was "Wonder".
 This is a picture I took from upstairs looking down at some of the kids coming out of the final awards assembly.  There were a lot of kids there, it was a really big deal.
Our two teams.  They are great kids that worked hard and read a lot!

No comments:

sitemeter