Friday, June 24, 2011

Hanging out in Utah

While Jackie was at Cousins Camp, the kids and I got to hang out at Matt and Susies house for a week. We had a great time. The kids played so well together. In fact, with the older siblings gone the younger ones never even asked to watch a movie/tv, or play a video game the whole time. They used their imaginations and played all sorts of games. We also took them to the zoo (twice). Dallin loved it because they had DINOSAURS!

The Long Neck in the Lake.
They found a dinosaur they could climb on. I love their faces in this picture.
Dallin was amazed at the "life-size" T-Rex. Brea on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with that Dinosaur. It was a bit too big for her liking, she hung onto my leg and would hardly look at it. She did like the smaller dinosaurs though.
This dinosaur was their favorite. He would randomly squirt water out of his mouth. It was amusing to stand back and watch as people would casually walk by. All of a sudden this dinosaur would spurt water out of his mouth, alarming those within spitting distance. There were lots of screams of alarms. Our kids, of course, purposely stood right in front of his mouth just waiting to get squirted.
Brea got it right in the face. I wonder if she realized it was just water, or if she thought the Dinosaur really spit at her, now that would be disgusting.
The zoo plumb wore them out. I couldn't believe that they both fell asleep together at the same time. It was so precious the way Eliza was leaning on Alyssa. They got along so well together, especially with as young as they are.
All of the kids LOVE bananas. With six young ones eating, we went through a lot of bananas. The two babies especially loved them.
The weather was beautiful while we were there. The pictures speak for themselves. Jaxine is basking in the sun.
Cute Evan, is such a sweetie.
Brea eating yet another banana.
I am not sure what Brea is doing here. They were having a water fight, and I think she must have wanted to protect her eyes.
I decided to try and crochet a flower while I was there. I have wanted to make some for a while. This was the first one I made and it turned out pretty cute. I
Eliza kept trying to feed Alyssa, which Alyssa loved. I usually just pulled Alyssa away, but I finally snapped a shot of it, so cute.
Evan and Brea enjoying some yogurt. They are a week apart.
Look at those BIG eyes, what a doll, even in her brothers T-shirt.
Ice cream outside - Yum and Fun.
Jackie returned and Jaxine was glad to have a big girl to play with.
This was a common scene that week. They loved handcuffing themselves together. What a fun time we had. Susie was a great host.

No comments:

sitemeter