Friday, June 24, 2011

My first REAL sewing Project

This was (for most) a simple sewing project, adding fabric to a T-shirt - But it was a big deal for me. I do know how to use a sewing machine for basic sewing, but I do now know how to do fancy things like others can. Jeff got me a sewing machine for my birthday this year so I am trying to make more. The girls were thrilled to have matching dresses. Brea wears hers almost every day. They are good for summer dresses, but not quite good enough for church or anything fancy. It was a good experience, and I learned a lot making them. I also made each of the kids a crayon roll. They turned out really cute and were easy (just strait stitches). I am excited to start creating more.
My big One year old Alyssa. Hers was the only one that I actually gathered first, and then sewed it on.
My darling Jackie, so photogenic. I tried to add a ribbon to hers, using a fancy stitch that my sewing machine can do. But I did the stitch in white, and you can't even see it against the white ribbon, unless you look really close.
Brea picked out the fabric with me and was so excited that I finally made the matching dresses. She is such a girly girl and loves to wear dresses.

No comments:

sitemeter