
Jackies school has a neat tradition of doing a Daddy Daughter Dance for a school fundraiser. This year it was a Hawaiian Luau. We debated about what to have them wear. I thought they could just get matching shirts. Jeff, on the other hand, thought if they just picked out some fabric that I could make a dress for Jackie and a skirt (I don't know technical name) for him. Only problem is, I am not that good of a seamstress. I can do hems and very simple things, like pillows! Jeff went ahead and bought the material, he had more confidence in me than I did. Well, with not much time or talent I had to do the bast I could. I was able to come up with a dress and skirt, nothing fancy but it did last the whole night, through dancing and eating and games - that is saying something!

Jackie loves these dates with Dad and having his full attention. She was beaming as they left and still beaming when they returned.
No comments:
Post a Comment