Sunday, April 8, 2012

Valentines Day 2012


Valentines is one of my favorite holidays. Probably because I have so many people that I love and that love me. This year I had so much help from my kids, they really made it a great Valentines Day. This is a table decoration. Brea drew the beautiful picture to surprise Dad, it is a picture of her Mom and Dad who are very "in love", it was an adorable picture. Dallin made the fruit tray, all by himself, I was amazed at how great it looked, he did a specific pattern. Jackie set the table and provided the yummy candy gram. They were selling them at school and she wanted to buy one for our family for Valentines Dinner. We have decided, as parents, to give our children an allowance and let them spend and save their own money. So I told Jackie that I was not going to buy one but if she wanted to she could. She looked at the price list, and decided to buy the cheapest one, a $10 candy bouquet. She was really excited. On Valentines Day her class had a party that I attended with Brea and Alyssa. In the middle a lady from the front office came in with the candy bouquet and gave it to Jackie. She was the only one that got one, in her class, and all the Moms were saying to me "Oh that was really sweet of you to get her". I had to admit to them that she actually bought it herself for herself - to share with her family that night.
Our traditional valentine dinner is Fondue. It is fun and different and really yummy. It is amazing how full we get off of just bread and veggies dipped in cheese and then chocolate fondue.
The kids are all ready for a yummy dinner, oh and Jeff provided the lovely flowers. It is always wonderful to have fresh flowers in the kitchen.
And this is the end...as we dip our last chocolate fondue for the night. I love my family.

No comments:

sitemeter