I had a Wonderful Mothers Day. I feel so blessed to have these four wonderful, beautiful, delightful children in my home and to able to called Mom. I always dreamed of being a Mother when I was growing up. I knew I wanted to have my own children. Then, at the beginning of our marriage it was really difficult for us to conceive and then to once we did, to carry the baby to full term. My heart ached, I wanted a child so badly and felt that it was a righteous desire. Finally, after three years we were blessed with Jaclyn. Since then we have had three more beautiful children. I am not sure why we had to go through that, but I believe that it has helped me to be a better and stronger Mother, knowing that there are some that are not able to have this blessing in this life and that I was.
This Mothers Day my children got up early, they set their own alarm clocks for 6AM and woke up to them (amazing). Jackie and Dallin made pancakes (they used a muffin recipe so they were muffin pancakes, but still delicious - they made them from scratch - impressive). They brought me up breakfast in bed. All three kids had made cards for me at school that are so precious. I love getting cards from them with their unique handwriting and drawings. I was told that I was the best Mom many times. It was great to hear that because I feel that I come short daily on being the Mother that I always dreamed I would be. I also got a beautiful pot of flowers that they picked out together and Jackie planted. We took a family walk through the Fountain Nature Center. It is wonderful to live so close to a beautiful place where there are trails to walk through nature. We also enjoyed a good church meeting and afterward Brea told me I could take a nap and they would do everything. That was really wonderful, I actually took a bath and enjoyed relaxing. Jeff made a delicious stake dinner on our new grill and the kids had a pink cake they made me for dessert. What a wonderful day, I am so blessed to be called Mother. They teach me more than I could possible teach them.
No comments:
Post a Comment