Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Painted Rocks

 We took a family hike on Saturday in April to Painted Rocks.  The last time we went here was a week before I had Brea.  I was very pregnant and it was July (HOT!).  We tried to take a short cut and ended up taking longer to get back, and running out of water, we were all parched.  I was afraid I would go into labor because I was so dehydrated, but I didn't and it was a still a fun day.  This time it wasn't quite so hot, the wind was blowing a little and Dallin did not want to do a family hike.  But, even though he was mad and dragging behind....he came to the rescue of his little sister Alyssa.  She got tired of walking and immediately Dallin asked her if she wanted a piggy back, which she did.  He gave her a ride all the while having a big SCOWL on his face because he did not want to be there.
 That scowl disappeared as soon as Dallins eyes caught sight of these rocks.  He took of running with at big smile of his face and up he went to the top of the rocks.  To see the world!
 Brea didn't run near as fast as Dallin, but she too, carefully made it to the top.  She enjoyed climbing in and through the rocks.

 Alyssa was just cute and happy.  She liked finding the caves and walking by herself, "I a big girl Mommy, I do it myself".


Jackie was ahead of most of the time so I didn't get any good pictures of her in the rocks.  But here she is eating her sandwich afterwards.  It was different coming with our kids older now, they can climb a lot better and get away from us easier.  Brea took a picture of us yelling to Jackie who was across the meadow on some other rocks.
Then Brea got a good one of us smiling.  Well, good from a five year olds perspective, she didn't quite get Dads head in it, but at least you see his cute smile!  


No comments:

sitemeter