Friday, February 28, 2014

Our Busy Life

I always think I will have time to Blog and write in my journal, but if I don't make the time for it, it doesn't happen.  So now that I have the time I want to remember this busy but happy life of ours.
 We had a family membership to the Denver Science Museum and it turned out to be a great thing.  Not only did we go to the Denver one enough times to cover the cost, but we also went to quite a few others.  Our membership let us in to other Museums across the nation.  We went in Kansas, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, and Alabama all this year. This was our last trip before it expired.  We went during the day, so only Jackie and Alyssa were able to come, but we were joined by our good friends the Bess Family.
 Dallin is doing 'Center Stage' this year which is a drama club. They are practicing for Peter Pan right now.  He has practices once and sometimes twice a week and they are up North.  I usually stay the whole time (2 1/2 hours) rather than going all the way back home.  They have this grocery store, Whole Foods, that we all love. I love it because it has healthy foods and a bulk food section.  The kids love it because they have these tine shopping carts they can push around.  They want to buy EVERYTHING when they have their own cart.  It was really cute watching them, oh they want to be Moms so bad.  It is so fun to push a cart and buy groceries.
This was another Grocery Store while waiting for Dallin.  I have wanted to get a picture of the horse ride we have enjoyed for years.  This is one of the many reasons why I love shopping at King Soopers.  Their horse ride is only a PENNY. It is so much funner and better to reward with a horse ride than with candy.  One time I had no change and had to apologize to my children and explain that I didn't have a penny.  The guy at the cash register overheard my apology and gave the girls each a penny, they were delighted.   As a side-note I also like King Soopers for their produce and they way they do check out, it is fantastic.  

 I picked up the kids from school one day, and I decided to surprise them with a detour from our regular after school schedule.  I took them to Chuck-E-Cheese and they had such a blast.  They played, danced and won TONS of tickets which they turned in for CHEAP toys they thought were awesome.
 Alyssa is still at the fun age that the tickets mean nothing to her, she just wants to ride and play.
 I have wanted to get a picture of this for years, because I use it and love it.  This is a horse at King Soopers.  I enjoy shopping there for many reasons, and this happens to be one of them . The horse costs a whole PENNY.  It is so much funner and better to reward with a horse ride then with a treat at the Grocery Store.  One time I had no pennies in my purse and I had to tell the kids sorry I don't have a penny, they nice lady at the register gave us pennies so they could ride the horse.  Now we like to leave pennies by the horse so other kids, who may be in our predicament, can ride too.
These poor girls do a lot of waiting for siblings.  This was while Jackie was in dance.  Luckily Brea had earned this puzzle in treasure chest that day. It kept them entertained for a long time.  Alyssa was able to fit pieces together rather well.  I guess I need to get some puzzles.

No comments:

sitemeter