
Here is my Grandpa Jensen. I love my Grandpa. He taught me to love the outdoors, especially hiking and camping. He knew that family was important and spent time and sacrificed other things for his family. He was an appliance repair man most of his life and later him and Gradma owned a video rental store (Adventure Video). A visit to Gradma and Grandpas house always included getting free movie rentals, eating mixed cereal, getting fresh cows milk from the farm his Brothers ran, playing in the large tree in the front yard with carpet and seat, swimming in the hot tub, eating lots of ice cream (Grandpas favorite), picking fresh vegetables from the garden, and having a great time with family.
I am not one that has ever liked viewings. I prefer to remember the person as they were in life, with their spirit and their body together. But, I realize that we need to have a time to let go and grief. This was a beautiful viewing with display tables of pictures and items representing Grandpas great life.

My family at the cemetery. It was good to be together and in Preston. I love my family. Do you see how tall they all are, I think Corey may even pass me up here soon.
My Grandpa is Mepper #1 and because of him and Grandma we call ourselves Meppers (Mary Lou and Earls Posterity). We all wore "We Love Mepper #1 pins at the funeral - thanks Julie). This is me and my cousin Zack and me and my cousin Tara. I know my cousins well and enjoyed growing up seeing them every year at our MEP.


I thought this was a precious picture of Alyssa and her Grandpa and my Grandpas funeral. The generations keep coming and going and we are blessed to have wonderful Grandpas for our kids.
Oh yes the ice cream. That was our dessert after the funeral. I love Dallins face, I think Grandpa would be proud of this boy!
A positive thing about funerals is that you get to be together with your family. Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Grandmas & Grandpas - they are the best!
After the funeral some of us cousins went back to the Grandma and Grandpas house . They actually sold it, but the owner allowed us to walk through. Oh the memories, I love that house and farm. It was a fun house. I was able to show my kids the place I played as a kid and the place their Grandma lived as a kid.
Buddy and I reminiscing at the house.
Alyssa on Grandpas riding lawn mower out back.

Jared old room. This is the coolest room. To access you have to climb up the wall to the half door. Inside is the awesome retro carpet on the ground, the walls, and the ceiling. It was such a fun place to play.

The clothes line. I don't remember ever seeing clothes on it (although I am sure that is what its purpose was). I remember hours of fun swinging on it. We would get going so fast our bodies were at a diagonal to the pole we were holding on to and our hands would have blisters on them. It was so much fun.
The day after the funeral we had a reunion on my Granda Ellys side. It was neat to hear stories and see extended family members there.We also really appreciated Jay and Nancy letting our whole family stay with them and their kind hospitality toward us.
Oh, and to add to the excitement Corey injured his leg the day before the funeral on the way home from Trek. So he came with crutches.











No comments:
Post a Comment