I was able to attend Time Out for Women this year with some great friends and family. My Mom and Sister both flew in to attend and it was so fun to see them and spend time with the. I am so grateful for the relationship that I have with them. They are remarkable women and I am fortunate to have them in my family. I am glad that even though we live far apart we can get together often and stay in close contact. We got a three way best friends bracelet on this trip and think of them often during the day as I look at the orange and blue bracelet on my wrist.




My good friend Eleanor met us up there and I got to sit by her throughout the conference. She is another amazing women that does so much. It has been fun to get to know her over the years and spend time with her. I am sad that they are moving away and will cherish the memories I have had and the things I have learned from her.
A little bit of fun and silliness on the way up. Misty rode up with me, which I was grateful for. It was nice to be able to visit with her, and spend time together. We picked up my Mom and Elly at the airport and headed to Loveland. We got a little carried away at Claires, that is a fun store.
Misty was helping with the Time Out for Women so I wasn't able to see her much during the event, but it was nice to ride up and back with her. I am grateful for my friendship with her and the opportunity I have to learn from her. I always enjoy spending time and talking to her. Notice how she has to lean down to get a picture with me...we aren't quite the same height but I don't mind looking up to her both physically and spiritually.
I am so glad that I went. It was uplifting and motivating. Here are some of my favorite quotes from the weekend: Justin Cash (quoting Elder Uchtdorf) - ":take the normal/ordinary daily moments and create something beautiful and helpful." He was a talented musician and sang a touching song about his wife called, "God only made one of you". He talked about the pain of losing a loved one and that is ok to feel pain. John Bytheway is so fun to listen to. He makes everything he says so exciting. He posed the question (which many teenagers ask him) - How do you get a personality? His answer, You experience life with all its ups and downs.
Mary Ellen Edmunds, she is hilarious yet still spiritual. "It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness". Compliments = verbal sunshine "Be the reason someone else smiles today". "Keep shinning all day long. You never know when someone else might be in the dark and need your light."
Mercy River are 3 Mothers/Friends that have the gift of music. They sang a beautiful song about - God made you the Mother of your children because they need You mothering.
Kris Belcher is simply amazing. She is blind but has such a great attitude. I was so impressed with her. "Difference between limitations and limits. Find your limitations and BLOW PAST your limits."
The theme of the conference was 'Inevitable Light' and they emphasized the importance of realizing your gifts so that you can let your light shine for others. I am surrounded by so many vibrant lights, they show me the way to go and give of their light to help me. I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life and hope that if/when it is needed I will be able to shine my light for others.




No comments:
Post a Comment